First of all, I think this needs to be said:
the fall daylight savings change is AWESOME. Especially the day after my birthday. As I enjoyed an extra hour in bed this morning I did utter a silent thank you to george w.... probably the first and last time that will happen.
Somehow ben & I were able to finish our Halloween costumes that turned into quite the ordeal. We had a lot of fun constructing them, but have decided next year we will go for something much less ambitious.
David Bowie and Steven Colbert both had a new species of spider named after them recently. So we did the only reasonable thing and went as the spiders and their namesakes. I think we pulled it off pretty well- I was actually recognized as David Bowie, which only happened twice last year with my costume. Apparently I don't hangout with enough people that are familiar with Dr. Who, which I really should do something about. How can you not love the Doctor?!The first few pictures were taken at the end of the night, so my faux-mullet and duct taped boots were starting to fall apart, but I think you get the idea. Thanks to Chelsea for lending me an awesome jumpsuit!
Here we are as Aptostichus Stephencolberti and Heteropoda Davidbowie.
This was my favorite costume of the night (besides the other David Bowie I ran into).
She was a jellyfish. The pictures doesn't really do it justice- she had glow sticks around her tummy and head... and my favorite part- plastic jelly sandals!!! I was very impressed.
I hope everyone had a lovely Halloween and thanks for all the birthday wishes!
6 comments:
Love the costume. Have you had Ben & Jerry's Colbert ice cream? It's good. Happy Birthday old lady!
Hey Janell! Sounds like you are a genuine Halloween baby. Happy belated birthday; it appears it was fun! I agree -- everyone needs an extra hour of sleep after their birthday. Lucky you!
Your costumes are AMAZING! Love them!
ha! i love it! i don't know why, but none of those pics you sent me worked, so I'm very happy to finally see the finished product. i didn't see anybody this year who topped you two. and those bowie pants looked very, uh, authentic.
thanks everybody!
jenny- i have tried it and it is delicious! did you hear about the treadmill that was also named after colbert? what a crazy awesome guy.
brady- don't tell mom, but i did pack a little bowie bulge to make those pants extra authentic. ;) (love you mom)
Post a Comment