Wednesday, November 4, 2009

bloggin at work... muah ha ha!

lately i've felt a bit like this poor bear cub...




as if i have my head perpetually stuck in something; in this guy's case, a bird feeder.

With midterms out of the way i'm slowly being able to shake the anxiety associated with what has been my daunting to-do list the last week or so. i awoke this morning with nothing on my schedule until 1 (my new job! my first that involves me sitting in front of a computer with internet access all day! this could be dangerous...) and was able to be super productive, which is not something my mornings consist of, as I generally like to stay useless and in my pajamas as long as possible. (I'm a lady of leisure in training!...and I have super comfy pajamas.... check out my rationalization skills! BAM!) I'm quite pleased with my ability to join the world of useful people (did i mention i worked out too?! because i did. let me say it again, because it really is quite the feat... i worked out!) and realized that running errands in the morning provides me with a great deal of hilarious people watching. I had to go to Costco to get a passport photo to replace mine which has sadly been MIA for far too long.  (I was hoping for a slightly better photo than the one on said missing passport, but ended up looking slightly like quasimoto... but that's besides the point. I've long since given up on the hopes of being photographed like a normal human being.) While I waited for them to be developed, I watched as a little boy (3 maybe?) tried to shove an entire hotdog (a costco hotdog at that- have you seen those weenies?! they're HUGE!) in his mouth as his mother just stared in disbelief, not even trying to stop him. I'm glad the kid didn't choke, although maybe it would have taught his mother a lesson that it may be a good idea to intervene when your kid is trying to shove mass amounts of food in his mouth at one time...  (criticizing other's parenting skills is so easy when you don't have kids.) anyway... perhaps this is my first of many productive mornings to come. just don't hold your breath. 

something you can hold your breath for is great music.
because here it is:





These are two of my favorite groups, both from iceland, that I am lucky enough to be able to go see tonight! B. Alexander being the boyfriend extraordinaire that he is bought me tickets for my birthday and I couldn't be more excited. I'm a bit disappointed by Múm's last album as they seem to have moved away from their more experimental spacey/ghosty feel and moved onto a much more pop sound. I like certain pop music as much as the next bloke, but in this case, it just isn't as great as what they've released prior. I just hope they play a good amount of old stuff, too. If you aren't familiar with Sin Fang Bous, I HIGHLY recommend you do so. Sin Fang Bous is Sindri Sigfússon's side project from his other band, Seabear, who is also fantastic and you should definitely also check out.  

-*-

No comments: