the last 3 places I've lived have been 3 bedroom multilevel homes... needless to say, downsizing to a 850 square foot single level two bedroom home has been interesting. It's a good change, because really I have entirely too much stuff for a 25 year old, and should not require more space than my lovely little home of el tenino provides. however, getting rid of things is more work than it should be. more advantages to living in a smaller place: i can communicate with anyone inside without having to leave any given room at a time. vacuuming just became ten times easier. and remarkably, ziggy has been incredibly well behaved. i guess the less space he has to cause trouble, the better. (i suppose the backyard is helpful as well...) i realize after writing this, the benefits of a smaller place all lend themselves to my laziness. which, depending upon how you look at it, is a good thing, or a really bad thing. because really, do i need more reasons to be lazy? probably not. but i'll take them just the same.
4 comments:
I am so lazy too. I so much prefer sitting around and talking to doing anything productive. Unfortunately that probably does not count as a hobby
that's why i refer to my laziness as being "a lady of leisure". now that's a hobby i can get behind. let's start a ladies of leisure club. founding a society is totally a hobby. it's all in the wording...
I wish I could come see your new place! I am missing you SO much I can't even stand it. I hope we will be able to make it up there soon.
Maybe you can post a pic of your new lovely abode?
I love you!
Less is more as well as less is less, right?
:)
Have fun settling in!
x0x
Post a Comment