Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Oh, vacations. I love you so good.



Our Mexican getaway was marvelous, long road trip and all. It really couldn't have been any better. The weather was a wonderful mid-high 70's with the exception of our last day at sea which has a few drizzles (which, to be honest, was quite welcomed by me. I really started to miss the grey cloud cover I've become so accustomed too). We were constantly snacking on delicious treats over card games and conversations, we read by the pool, people watched, took naps on a whim, and laughed until our cheeks hurt. It was fun to have an excuse to dress sharp and we spoke with some really interesting people. My favorite being the Ukrainian linguist who spoke with Ben while I was able to listen in transfixed by such a beautiful language.


Exploring Cabo San Lucas and Ensenada was great fun, especially the tiny hole in the wall recommended by a local who had ceviche that dreams are made of.  We decided 8 days on a cruise ship wasn't enough fun, so we prolonged our vacation a couple days and let our inner children run wild at Disneyland. We had entirely too much fun and definitely burned off most of our  gluttonous cruise calories hitting as many rides as possible.

I've been playing a lot with animated gifs from sequence shots, and ended up with almost 12 gigs of photos. Needless to say I have quite a few files to sift through. More will most likely be on their way, but until then, here are a few to help me be less of a procrastinator.





6 comments:

Emily said...

YOU WENT TO MEXICO? I feel totally lame not knowing what you've been up to... But it sounds like you had an amazing time! And those gifs made my day, maybe even weekend :) xoxo

deerhollow said...

Really, really FUN!!
So glad you had such a wonderful time. Vacations are heavenly!

xoxo

the firths said...

Aw, young and in love!

Jake Lindsey Molly Owen said...

I LOVE that top picture--and the gifs are fun :)
I'm so glad you had such a fun time. We miss you like crazy.
xo!
and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

deerhollow said...

I just keep coming back to visit...you guys make me smile!

xoxo

deerhollow said...

ha ha...back to visit again...need some new photos :)