Lately work has been crazy bananas, as all of my clients for the last six weeks have been the most irrational and rude group of people I may have ever encountered (as it turns out, most people in the motorcycle world in Wisconsin are not very kind). My fellow project managers and I hit record numbers for the month of November, (which as a business lady I now know is a term that can be thrown around as a generalization to mean "great success") and for the first time in a couple months I feel caught up. I've had almost an entire week completely void of waking up in the middle of the night in a panic trying to remember if I'd requested a domain, or submitted this or that form.
But you have to work hard to play hard, and I feel like I've put in my time to almost be deserving of my lavish birthday gift from my wonderful, handsome, gentleman friend. Ben and I have a joint google calendar to keep track of our busy schedules. On my birthday I discovered an event Ben and entered spanning ten days within December reading Happy Birthday! Depart LA, Port in Cabo. The sneaky son of a gun had spoiled me big time with a cruise! It was quite the surprise, and to say I feel lucky would be a huge understatement. We've been counting down the days and with less than a week remaining until we leave, we're both getting antsy. I can't wait to have my best friend all to myself as we lounge about as a gent and lady of leisure.
In preparation of our adventure I've put myself on the strict budget and my very first weight loss fitness plan. I have never attempted any sort of diet, or even tried to lose weight, only to actively try to be healthier. To be completely honest, I'm concerned very little with how I look in a swimsuit; I work hard for my tummy! Consuming lavish pastries and delicious biscuits and gravy takes work, my friends. My intent to get in better shape is only to allow myself the ability to be completely gluttonous and avoid the guilt of the many pounds I have every intention of putting on. I am the first to admit self-control is not one of my stronger points (which is precisely why I'm taking preventative measures prior to the trip), but I must admit the sense of accomplishment that comes with reaching a weight loss goal is a great feeling. Plus, I had to have a reason to rationalize splurging on this adorable swimsuit:

We've been looking high and low for a suit similar to this for Ben but alas, we've had no luck. (One day... one day....)Holidays!
Halloween was great fun, and Thanksgiving was spent with good food and even better friends.
Halloween is always a riot, because my hoodlum pals are serious about their costuming. Everyone always looks amazing, but the best Halloween costume of the year has to go to my friend Kurtis, who was (perfectly) dressed as the berries and cream boy from this starburst commercial:
Ben and Ryan as Arrested Development's Teamocil and Post-Hair Graft, Tobias Funke.
Ryan had even diligently searched and eventully tracked down a wheelchair for full authenticity.
And I went as (a slightly schizophrenic looking) Bob Ross.
This year for Thanksgiving we joined forces with our friends Eli and Jen who hosted the great event. Eli is a graduate of culinary school and a sous pastry chef at Le Pigeon, a prestigious French restaurant in town. Needless to say, his skills resulted in phenomenal turkey day spread. Nothing beats Mom's Thanksgiving, but this definitely made it to a very close second.
I'm looking forward to the rest of the holiday season, but am eagerly anticipating the chance to welcome a new baby nephew into the world. Lindsey and Jake's second is shortly on his way, and I'm so excited for them both. (Love you guys!)










No comments:
Post a Comment