I found this sneaky little fellah as a draft! It's a late post, but just think of it as time travel, and then you can thank me for the adventure instead of me feeling disappointed in my inability to complete most things.
______________________________________________________________
It's Wednesday, and here I sit in my faithful, albeit slightly dreary, cubicle, staring at my computer screens, overwhelmed with a to-do list I am completely incapable of finishing in a two day period. I'm still really liking my job and am putting up live sites like an internet thug, although with all the dns, ttl, ip, ns, url, and seo talk swirling about in my head, I'm beginning to think I was taught the wrong ABC's . It's difficult to be inside at a desk all day when my numbered sunny days are passing me by outside. Despite my obscene workload, I'm taking this last hour of my day to escape reality and think about all the fun I've been having the last few months whilst not updating this here blog.
Last weekend was wonderful-- hitting the mid 80s it was the hottest day we've had yet (you can keep your crazy heat, midwest, I don't want it). Yuki is my coworker that I've become pals with, her and her partner Danny live on a farm about twenty minutes outside of the city. They have goats and chickens and bunnies and bees and a gorgeous view. Along with some of our other Portland family, we grilled delicious food and lounged about on their luxurious porch in the shade while visiting and listening to the singing and guitar stylings of our more musically inclined friends.
The most exciting of news is that of my baby sister, who recently left for a year adventure to live as an exchange student in Brazil. Emily is the caboose of our family and has always impressed me with her thoughtfulness and creativity. Before she could read and write on her own, she would pull out her crayons and have someone help her write out notes, letter by letter, for members of our family, usually left as a surprise on our pillows. I moved away from home when she was still quite young, and treasured the pictures and notes I would get in the mail from her. I know her kindness, originality, and intelligence, will assist her in a successful trip! I can't wait to hear more about her adventures.
I was lucky enough to take a trip to Utah to see Em before she left, surprise my pops for his fiftieth birthday, and celebrate the 4th of July with (almost) my entire extended Utah family. It was a short, but lovely trip. Spending time with my family and seeing Utah pals is always a treat, and this visit was no exception. Lindsey and Jake shared their big news of the soon to be arrival of baby number two, Grandma and Grandpa Flinders rode a zip line (!!!!), I went shopping with my sisters (and enjoyed it! I'm a regular ol shopper!), ate amazing meal after amazing meal, watched Emily dance (even if it was in dvd form, I'll take what I can get), played with my sweet niece Molly, listened to Poot play music, played video games with Camber at her first apartment, hung out with my mom in her brand new studio, and even had our own mini-supermarket sweep (Tahini! Tahini!).
The impressive man I get to call my father went on a fifty mile bike ride with Jake, my brother in-law, on his fiftieth birthday. I don't think I am currently capable of doing fifty miles of anything; Just thinking about it makes me tired, but I'm super impressed with their ability and will live vicariously through their accomplishments. It was great to celebrate the awesomeness that is my dad, but I missed Brady and his family, especially since he shares a birthday with our pops. He requested no gifts for his birthday, so we all made a dish for a birthday potluck. Everything was delicious, but Emily's chocolate malt ice cream cake stole the show. Saying goodbye was made easier knowing I get a visit from my parents next month. I'm looking forward to playing in Portland with them and already have a list of food I want to share with them that will require them to eat at least six meals a day. I hope they've begun their fast to prepare.
Tuesday, October 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment