Voodoo donuts is a Portland donut shop known for it's wild and crazy donuts. Maple Bacon Bar: Check. Chocolate with Cocoa Puffs: Check. Crushed Butterfinger: Check. Strawberry Marshmallow: Check. If you can imagine it, or even if you didn't think you could, they've probably put it in or on a donut. They even had a cough syrup filled donut years ago before the FDA put a stop to that one. With two locations, one conveniently across the street from my work, the other on the east side of the river which can somehow be made "on the way home" no matter where I'm coming from, both open 24 hours, it's my go-to place for fried cakes. I had a hankerin for a donut Wednesday night, so if course Ben & I stopped by. Just as we had narrowed our choices down, which is always a challenge, the lady working mentioned that because it had been slower she had a variety of $5 boxes. As our specialty donuts would have been $2.50 a pop, and I'm a sucker for frugality AND mass amounts of food, we took it.
(don't be fooled: this box is THREE donuts deep)
Ben & I have been watching David Lynch's 1990 television series, Twin Peaks the past few weeks, so naturally I took advantage of our obscene amount of donuts to be like Lucy Moran and set up a donut feast that would have made Agent Cooper and Sheriff Truman proud.
They were delicious.
What do you do with leftover donuts?
Fry up some bacon and eat em for breakfast.
1 comment:
one word.......
s c r u m p t i o u s n e s s
Post a Comment