there's nothing quite like good ol procrastination to get me focused on other projects (such as a neglected blog!). being enrolled in this blasted math class for the 5th time. (yes, 5th. before you go ahead and file me away in the "dunce" category, allow me to rationalize this disgraceful statement... 3 of the 5 times i dropped- for various reasons all of which i believe to be completely reasonable and have nothing to do with me avoiding disappointment and epic failure- so i've only failed miserably once. and even then, it wasn't a fail in the "F" sense, but rather a big fat D. who knew "even d's get degrees" was a bold face lie? i do now!) this time around i have an awesome professor, (whom i believe to actually be a they might be giants puppet character who has magically come to life by the help of my fairy god mother to assist me through the treacherous terrain of mathematics. really. this guy belongs on sesame st. incidentally, i need college algebra to be explained to me as if i were 6, so it works out really well.) add glasses to this dentist, and you have the perfect cartoon rendition of my professor.
between an awesome professor and a smarty pants boyfriend with an unbelievable amount of patience, i have so far been able to carry a low A. this is nothing short of a miracle. i'm not getting excited just yet... midterms are next week and only time will tell if i come out alive/successful. i'm keeping my fingers crossed.as it turns out, there is never a time where i am more productive than when i have math homework.
. i have managed to clean the house, bake up a storm (read: brownies, cake, & banana bread in a week. ben refers to the kitchen as the dessert buffet.) start a project of making curtains (oy vey. that is an entirely different can of worms/blog topic so i'll stay away from that), and have even began a somewhat consistent workout schedule. thanks math! despite having the ability to make me frustrated, anxious and stressed, you have made me one productive gal!

4 comments:
woohoo! an A! way to go. Wish we were closer--I'd throw you a party!
Way to go with all the baking, sewing, and exercising.
I wish I was doing a little more of all of the above.
Miss you!
...when is your spring break? :)
For us history girls the Craghead boys are a good choice. I had to work my way up to college algebra and then take that class twice. Unfortunately, Reuben was on his mission so he couldn't help me for my math classes. However, I am super glad he will be ableto help our boys with their math homework. I swear the cragheads are like the geniuses of the world.I am still hoping to pick up on that gene through marriage. I throw up a little everytime Reuben tells me how much he loves calc, physics, diff. Equations, etc. I haven't picked up on their way of thinking yet, obviously. I really think Reuben thinks differently than I do. I'm going to go ahead and think all the siblings think thy way as well. I don't know how to describe it, but it is different and way smarter than me. Well done so far in your class!
I apologize in public for passing the non-love-of math gene to you. I also smile to know you have inherited my love-to-cook-&-create gene !
Take Luck!!
linds- my spring break is the middle of march. i may or may not be driving to arizona to attend a renaissance fair (laugh all you like, i sure have been!) but i want to come to utah in the next couple months- molly is getting too big too quick!
megan- those craghead boys definitely have brilliant and unique minds. and i wouldn't worry, i don't think it's something anyone could possibly pick up on. my little brother recently said "man, ben knows everything" & sometimes i think that might be true. he even seems to knows when to let me be right! reuben is a crazy person for loving calc but i guess crazy and genius often go together.
mom- totally fair trade off as far as i'm concerned! off subject completely- i finally pulled out my aebleskiver pan! i had some extra spicy chocolate ganache from a cake i made... oh wow. with a few berries... talk about a little pancake ball of goodness. i have so many fun memories of you & dad making those for us. :)
Post a Comment