Happy 2010!
What better way to start a new year than with a darling new baby niece? Lindsey and Jake had their beautiful baby girl this morning, and I cannot wait to hold the precious doll. If all goes right in the world of winter weather, Ben and I should be able to drive through on our way back to Portland.
I am so proud of Lindsey, she is going to be an amazing mother, and Jake a phenomenal father. I can't wait to watch them grow as a family. They are so darling. I have such an incredible family! I'm still voting for Annie to make it into her name somehow. ;)
Last night Ben & I brought in the new year at a Dellis- a restaurant across the way from the hotel. Ben made pals with the manager last week when he went in for dinner. He was drawing on the coasters as he often does, the manager caught a glimpse of them and asked to hang them up. Ben now has art hanging in a restaurant in Baltimore. Way to go, you're making it in the world of coaster art! (seriously- he is quite the talented artist.) Anyhow, he's been raving about their reuben (which was delightfully wonderful in all it's greasy wonder), so we decided to bring in the new year at Dellis. I was expecting a small roadside joint with mediocre food, but I was mistaken! It was pretty good food and the place was rockin! They passed out New Years garb and we had a blast people watching. There was a live band- that was horrid, but highly entertaining. We spotted the twin of Kevin from The Office sporting an awesome mullet. We tried for a while to snag a picture of him, but the best we came up with was this:
you'll just have to use your imagination and take my word for it. it was hilarious.
apparently we are incapable of being in a picture together without one of us looking like a total goon.
we ended the night by watching Where the Wild Things Are. I LOVED this movie. I had heard a lot of people were slightly disappointed with it, but I thought it was beautifully done. Dave Eggers, who can do no wrong in my eyes, did a great job with the screenplay. I had heard it was very "Dick and Jane" ("see jane. see jane with a ball"), but I think he really embodied the way a child thinks. The cinematography was gorgeous, they did a great job casting, the soundtrack is perfect, the wild things looked great... this may be one of my favorite movies of the year. If you haven't seen it yet, I highly suggest you do!
I hope 2010 brings health and happiness to you all! Much love from Baltimore.





4 comments:
what a beautiful baby! Seriously, she is gorgeous already. Congrats on your new niece! Way to go Ben on his drink coaster art. I shall expect to buy some in the next couple of months at some hip store, right? oh wait, we don't have hip stores in Arizona.
Looks like you had a fun NYE !
megan- she is quite lovely isn't she?! & what are you talking about- i've been to pop the soda shop! that's about as hip as anyone needs.
katie! what did you end up doing? we really need to have that game night in the very near future.
sounds like it was a fun night
we missed you
be safe on the road!
xo
Post a Comment