Wednesday, May 20, 2009

the humans are dead

Last Thursday I, along with B-Alexander and Mr Daniel, had the privilege of experiencing a performance by the delightfully entertaining Flight of the Conchords. They're a fantastically silly duo who, along with a hilarious series on HBO, are a touring band. we didn't feel right attending the event without paying some sort of homage to such comedic geniuses and the rest of their crew, so of course we went in costume.



Bret (band member), Dave (friend[?] of band), Mel (loyal fan & fan club founder/president)



Daniel's costume was recognized most although no one could seem to remember the character's name. Instead he was "that guy" or "the guy who works at that place". I found this particularly amusing as Arj Barker (Dave), was the opener. (Incidentally, we squealed out in pure joy to discover this, as we had just hours prior said something along the lines of "what if arj is there?!" "no way. that would be too perfect".) We all thought for sure B-Alexander would be walking away with the most identifications. After all- he tracked down (or rather, came across) an identical lion sweater worn by Bret Mckenzie.

My favorite part would have to be seeing the ever charming Jemaine pull out an omnichord (as seen below) for several songs. He definitely has a better model than mine, but my heart couldn't help but swell with omnichord delight just the same. I'm just waiting for the day they pull out an accordion for one of their songs. Maybe a gypsy sort of tune...? Ah... but i digress. All in all it was a magical evening filled with giggles and nerdom I won't soon forget.



Jemaine and Bret performing The Humans are Dead.
if interested it can be seen here:






1 comment:

deerhollow said...

oh Janell, Janell...
looks like you had a blast!
Loved the:
"don't walk like that, hide-ja-neck"
Wish I could talk like that!