Saturday, March 14, 2009

in this i approve





I thought living in Portland, a city that prides itself in the bizarre, I had seen my fair share of strange things and places. Little did I know, I had no idea what bizarre even meant. Modern Toilet, however is more than familiar with the true concept of weird. It's a restaurant in Taiwan that has the craziest theme to ever hit the food industry. And I mean ever. What else would a restaurant with a name like Modern Toilet have to offer but a bathroom motif? Being a lover of poop jokes and having a crude sense of humor not much different than an 8 year old boy, this place has officially made it on the list of places I will see... if I ever find myself in Taiwan. I won't hold my breath, but really, how awesome?! A business that can *almost* literally serve you poop, and be so successful! Well done Modern Toilet. Two doodies waaaaaaay up.






--+--


I don't know much about Gov. Kathleen Sebelius, but from this article I can say I definitely like what I see. Sebelius says "My Catholic faith teaches me that all life is sacred, and personally I believe abortion is wrong," (Oh! but wait!) "However, I disagree with the suggestion that criminalizing women and their doctors is an effective means of achieving the goal of reducing the number of abortions in our nation." Hizzah! This is what we've been missing! Logical politicians who can see past their personal beliefs and create laws that are ethical! Abortions are going to take place whether they are legal or not. Lets leave that decision up to individuals and their doctors. Not politicians and activists. This lady, even if hilariously coined the "enemy of the unborn", has my approval. Here's to you, Ms. Kathleen Sebelius, for trying to take the bias out of our nation one policy at a time.

--+--


3 comments:

the firths said...

They should install some urinals that serve as drink dispensers. Maybe a chocolate milk bidet? Serve soup in a bedpan. Ever seen the TwoDaLoo??
Weird!

the firths said...

and I too think that brand of politics would do well to spread.

deerhollow said...

Ucky - POO! I don't think I could eat there. Cool seats, though.