Wednesday, January 14, 2009

the power of a push pin


when i'm wasting time i'm doing just that. wasting time. and sometimes discovering what interesting people do with their spare time. the CIS Student association at the university of fraser valley do clever things like this:







this is a 17,000 push-pin mosaic mural, a product of three revisions and a total of two and a half semesters of work. the final revision took two months. yowza! looks like i need to get more creative with my down time. i will never look at a bulletin board again the same.

3 comments:

Nemesis said...

Um, that is one of the cooler things I have ever seen. I'm excited to have found your blog! (it's Steph, btw)

Spitfire said...

I have to say I'm impressed. Now I'm going to go and show this to everyone I know.

Brady said...

Great minds at work- seriously, that's some cool stuff. How does that not make it into some big art museum somewhere?